Highly Skilled Migrant
The Highly Skilled Migrant (HSM) procedure is used for non EU employees who were recruited from abroad and have signed a local (Dutch) contract.
Highly Skilled Migrant Service
We inform the employer and the employee about the required documents and will prepare and submit the immigration documents. We coordinate any necessary appointments at the GGD (TB test) and immigration authorities. During the process, we keep all parties proactively informed.
Conditions for the procedure
- The employee should have a local employment contract with a company in the Netherlands;
- The company in the Netherlands has to be a so-called recognised sponsor at the IND;
- Monthly salary of at least € 4,612 (2020) (gross, excluding holiday allowance) for employees > 30 years;
- Monthly salary of at least € 3,381 (2020) (gross, excluding holiday allowance) for employees < 30 years;
- OR monthly salary of at least € 2,423 (2020) after an orientation year/within 3 years of graduating from a Dutch university/after performing scientific research/after graduating from a master’s or post-master’s programme (or obtained a PhD) at a designated international educational institution;
- Depending on your nationality you will need an entry visa/MVV (provisional residence permit) and you will may have to undergo a TB test. Settle Service will inform you if this is the case and will provide you with instructions.
“During the process i was in touch about the requirements, the reading in the website about the 30% ruling conditions and implications were really useful. Regarding the documents i needed assistance to understand some meanings like valid documents to prof my residency and all was solved promptly.”