- Self-quarantine in the Netherlands
- Self-quarantine obliged if you travel from a risk country
- What is self-quarantine?
- While you are in quarantine please follow the following rules
- Do you experience Corona symptoms in the self-quarantine period?
- Positive Corona test?
Self-quarantine in the Netherlands
The Dutch government obliges some travellers from abroad to self-quarantine for 10 days. Everyone aged 12 and over must self-quarantine on arrival in the Netherlands after a stay in a very high-risk area due to coronavirus, unless they are fully vaccinated. You may receive (a) phone call(s) to check if you follow this obligation. A fine of € 435,00 may be imposed if you do not.
You can get tested again on day 5 after your arrival. If the result is negative you can end your self-quarantine
It doesn’t matter how you travel to the Netherlands. The mandatory quarantine requirement applies regardless of how travellers enter the country; be it by air, train, bus/coach or car.
The obligation to self-quarantine applies to travellers from designated countries who have arrived in the Netherlands.
Even if you were recently tested and the test result was negative you have to self-quarantine at home/your hotel/your temporary accommodation.
On day 5 you can plan (another) test, if the result is negative this means that you can end your quarantine period. If you experience covid-19 symptoms you and your possible family members stay inside at least until you do not experience any symptoms anymore.
If either test result is positive the Dutch governments expects you to stay at home together with your possible family members until you feel better again (24 hours no symptoms) and/or least 5 days with a negative test result.
Basically, self-quarantine means self-isolation, at home, in your hotel or your temporary apartment.
Settle Service gladly assists you to find a convenient place to stay during your self-quarantine period.
From our own experience, we know that you have to arrange a lot of things when you go in quarantine. The Dutch government made a handy checklist.
– Stay in your accommodation and do not receive visitors. Just medical visits (family doctor or municipal health service GGD) are allowed. Members of your household, who travelled together with you stay with you.
– If you or one of your possible family members experience health issues during your quarantine period contact a family doctor or in emergency cases call 112. Do not go to the family doctor or a hospital yourself!
– Work from home, unless you are a healthcare professional with permission of the GGD or your company doctor.
– Order your groceries online, or ask our virtual PA to assist you with that.
– You may sit outside in a possible garden/on a balcony.
– The Dutch government provides some further instructions on the second half of this page.
If you feel well after the period of 10 days in self-quarantine, you may leave your house/the accommodation and no other restrictions than the current Corona measures will apply.
Please read these instructions what to do.
In the case that you have a positive Corona test result, you should also stay at home, in self-isolation. Your possible family members have to stay with you.
Please find the official instructions about what to do in case of a positive test here.
Thank you so much for all the time, effort and the work you have provided during our settlement process. Being with a family, we would have never been able to settle in a new country during such a short period of time. Your support was really amazing and so much appreciated! Thanks again :)”