Settle Service offers special priced Brexit Services to make sure UK nationals living/ working in the Netherlands remain compliant with rules and regulation. Now that the UK has left the EU, the immigration status and the validity of the driving licence of UK nationals have changed.
What needs to be done?
- make sure your employee is registered in the Personal Records Database BRP at your town hall and that all registered details (including a possible second EU/EEA/Swiss nationality) are correct.
- apply for a DigiD to be able to communicate with the Dutch government safely and easily.
- enable the IND to send messages to the message box at https://mijn.overheid.nl/ (go to settings and check Immigratie en Naturalisatiedienst (IND) under Landelijke Organisaties).
- open a Dutch bank account if they don’t already have one, they will need this to pay for an online application for a residence document.
- if they’re registered in the Netherlands before January 31st, 2020 they can exchange the UK driving licence for a Dutch one with an administrative procedure.
“SettleService was absolutely amazing in helping us relocate from South Africa to The Hague. Every step of the process, their team assists and guides you to save you an enormous amount of effort and time, making sure that everything is done correctly and seamlessly.”