30% ruling application
Settle Service offers the 30% ruling application as a seperate service. If you already know you are eligible for the facility, then you can proceed to the application immediately. A time- and cost-effective solution!
What is the 30% ruling?
The 30% ruling facility offers compensation for the extra costs that people from abroad make when they choose to live and work in the Netherlands. It is an important motivation for people from abroad to come work in the Netherlands.
The fast track application
When our team of experts takes up your 30% ruling application, we will ask you to upload the required documents in our secured system. We file the application on your behalf enabling your employer to instantly implement the ruling in their personnel administration. You will receive the official confirmation of your eligibility from the Belastingdienst (the Dutch Tax Authorities) a few weeks later.
The 30% ruling has a maximum duration of five years. The main conditions of the ruling are:
- You have an employment relationship;
- You are recruited from another country by your first employer in the Netherlands, or you are on assignment in the Netherlands from another country;
- Of the 2 years before your 1st working day in the Netherlands, you lived outside the Netherlands for more than 16 months, at a distance of more than 150 kilometres from the Dutch border;
- You have specific expertise that is not or is only barely available on the Dutch employment market;
- You have a valid decision.
The specific expertise from the above overview is translated into salary amount:
- In general your fiscal salary in 2020 has to be at least €38.347;
- If you are younger than 30 years and you have a Dutch master or an equal grade from another country your fiscal salary has to be at least €29.149;
- If you are a scientific researcher working at certain scientific organizations you will always be eligble for the 30% ruling.
Not sure if you are eligible for the 30% ruling? Find out now with our free 30% ruling eligibility tool!
“During the process i was in touch about the requirements, the reading in the website about the 30% ruling conditions and implications were really useful. Regarding the documents i needed assistance to understand some meanings like valid documents to prof my residency and all was solved promptly.”